Minnesota Department of Health & Minnesota State High School League Updated Information
Masks and face coverings are no longer required for student-athletes in outdoor contests and practices when they are actively engaged in competition and/or practice.
Masks and face coverings are required when outdoor sports participants are not actively practicing or competing and cannot maintain physical distancing.
Masks and face coverings are still required:
- For student-athletes when competing or practicing indoors.
- For student-athletes at outdoor contests and practices at any time when they are not actively competing.
- For coaches at all times.
- For officials at all times.
- For spectators at all events-both outdoors and indoors. Guidance for spectators attending events has not changed.